I c&p'd this from a thread I started on the nest, but it's about the bachelorette party/gno/lingere shower I threw for my mom.
My mom had a huge mental block up about it being a girl's night. I told her from the very beginning that no men were invited and we were going out stag. With the exception of her, her sister, and one other woman, the other women that were coming are all single and miserable, so I just felt like it would be the best way to celebrate my mom's upcoming marriage without making most of her friends sad. The women that are still single have been single since before my dad died, so it's really bittersweet for them to see my mom being the first to get remarried even though she's been single the shortest amount of time. They're really happy for her, no doubt, I just wanted to be sensitive to everyone's sensabilities so everyone would have a great time.Anyway, my mom pushed the guy card and pushed it and pushed it and pushed it because she's a stage 3 clinger and didn't want her fi out of her sight over the couple weeks leading up to her party. I finally compromised and had a little mini-boys night at my house at the same time as the party so the husbands-of would have something to do (even though they really could have just taken care of themselves), then when the evening was over they would meet us back at the restaurant so everyone could go their seperate ways.
So I told all the women to be at Superior Grill at 6 and not a minute later to set up and all be there for the shock factor, and mom and I would arrive around 6:30. We get there at 6:30 and 2 women had flaked out and the rest were late. Only my mom's best friend and her sister were there. We had reserved tables out on the patio so we could hear the band, and the band hadn't even gotten there yet. It was kind of an anti-climax. The evening went great after that. She opened her gifts, we ate, we laughed... Then at 7:30 on the dot. one hour into the festivities. my mom started in on calling the guys. 7:45, 8:00. She was like, obsessing! She also got drunk off of the margaritas and called out one of her friends for talking about herself too much at her bachelorette party. At first she was having me call my fiance, who was with the guys, but when she realized that when she wasn't getting her way, she just started calling her fi herself. Every thirty minutes. Finally at 9:00 they left my house and got there at 9:30. As soon as my mom's fi, my aunt's husband, and jason showed up, my mom went and sat off in a corner with her fi and forgot about her friends, so they bolted asap. They seemed just a little bit hurt by my mom's over the top behavior. By that point I had had it with my mom's AWness and bitchy attitude so since everyone was getting ready to leave, Jason and I got in the car and went and sat somewhere to wait for them to be ready, and they were supposed to call when they left. 30 minutes passes, 1 hour passes, no call. So I call my mom and come to find out they had left superior grill and were getting breakfast at ihop. Not the whole group, just her and her fi. They ended up spending an hour and a half there, and it was late and Jason and I couldn't afford to go out, so we ended up keeping his parents up at his house waiting for my mom to come get me (I still don't have a car).
That's the last time I do something like that for her for a while.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
My mom is such an attention whore...
Posted by MrsB72008 at 8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment