Monday, May 19, 2008

SB + WW = effective weight loss?

Well, I picked up the book South Beach Diet: Supercharged by Arthur Agatston, MD. It has a lot of great principles, and I'm starting out fresh with new, healthier food and SB's guidelines. To go along with their guidelines, I'm also going to stay on the points system as well.

If you've been living under a rock for the past 5 years, the whole premise of SB is a three phase plan. In the first phase, you stop eating any and all carbs, and refined sugar is a huge no-no. In the second phase, you re-introduce healthy carbs (yes, they exist) into your diet, and in phase three... Well, I'm not sure about phase three yet. I'll let you know when I get there. Anyway, if you're trying to lose 10 lbs or less, you skip the first phase. It's for people who are overweight, with a considerable amount to lose. Since I'm not really overweight (my bmi puts me in the healthy zone), I'm moving straight to phase 2. I've already hiccuped a few times, I had too many carbs this morning in the form of fiber and I didn't think to look at the sugar content in my vanilla soymilk. But, alas, it was nothing that will throw me off the bandwagon yet and I'm hopeful. I'm just going to adjust my diet for the rest of the day. The diet called for 1 good starch (my F1 cereal counts as a good starch), and 1 peice of fruit every day. So, I'm just going to stay away from starches and eat fresh for the rest of the day to make up for it.

Here's the WW breakdown (reminder: I have 21 points per day)
Breakfast
original F1 cereal, double serving (oops, not on purpose. I'm going to eat half of what I had today in the morning)- 2 pts
Lowfat Vanilla Soy milk (didn't check the sugar...)- 2pts

Mid morning snack
Dannon Activia Lowfat Blueberry (not a bad midmorning snack! A little high in sugar, but I'll switch to a sugar free brand next time)- 1 pt

Total: 5 pts
15 points left

Lunch
South Beach Living Caprese Style Chicken (score 1 for me! I had this in the freezer for a long time ago. It was good!)- 4 pts
1/2 Granny Smith Apple- 1 pt
Water- 0 pts!

Total: 5 pts
10 points left! Go me! I have 11 points for the rest of the afternoon!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com